Here are a couple of conversations Reagan and I have had today:
Me: "Red means... what?"
Reagan: "STOP!"
Me: "Green means... what?"
Reagan: "GO!"
Me: "Yellow means... what?"
Reagan "SPANISH!"
Me: (laughing) "What?!"
Reagan: (she just grins at me and giggles)
___________+++++++___________+++++++___________
Reagan: "Is it tomorrow?"
Me: "um... not yet. It's still today. It will be tomorrow... tomorrow."
Reagan: (giddy and acting goofy) "Aunt Sandy is coming over tomorrow!"
Me: "Yep, that will be fun!"
Reagan: "But Aunt Sandy can't stay."
Me: "Huh? Why not?"
Reagan: "Because she has a baby in her tummy."
Me: "What?! Did she tell you that?!"
Reagan: "No."
Me: "Then how do you know that?"
Reagan: "I don't know."
Me: "I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a baby in her tummy. Maybe you're thinking of Aunt Sarah?"
Reagan: "No. I'm not."
To Sandy: -- I am pretty sure that you don't have a "baby in your tummy", but if you do - Reagan was the first one to know ----- and she can't keep a secret. :)
___________+++++++___________+++++++___________
At bedtime, we always seem to have good talks -- mostly because Reagan will do about anything to stall the inevitable... Here was our talk tonight:
Me: "Get some good sleep -- remember that Aunt Sandy and Uncle Greg are coming over tomorrow."
Reagan: "Just Aunt Sandy."
Me: "Nope, Uncle Greg is coming with her..." :)
Reagan: "Why is Uncle Greg coming with her?"
Me: "Because they're married." :)
Reagan: "Well..... I'm married."
Me: "Um.... you have to be a grown-up to be married." :)
Reagan: "I'm married to Uncle Greg and.... I'm married to you!"
Me: "Actually Reagan, you can only be married to one person at a time..."
Reagan: "Then I'm married to you!"
Me: "Well.... you have to be married to a boy. He'll be the husband and since you are a girl, you'll be the wife." :)
Reagan: "Well....... Alec is a boy."
Me: "But.... Alec isn't a grown-up (never mind that he's your cousin!) so he isn't quite ready to be a husband yet."
Reagan: "I'm going to name my puppy 'wife'."
Me: "....um -- what puppy?"
Reagan: "My Wonder Pets puppy. He's a grown-up, and he's a girl, so I can name him 'wife'."
Me: "Sounds good - how 'bout you hop into your bed?" :)
1 comment:
I'm not so sure you're the best person to give the "no marrying relatives" speech. :D ;)
Post a Comment