Monday, May 12, 2008

Not Much New to Talk About

There is nothing really new to post about here... The four of us have all had some form of illness this last week. We are a group of snifflers with sore throats who should have bought stock in Kleenex.

For Mother's Day yesterday, we took a trip to the park. We kicked a ball around and played "chase" on the playground equipment. I know it sounds like fun, but my main motive was to use sunlight to kill the germs in and around all four of us.

The only other "new" thing is that Reagan has discovered the pleasure of choosing her own clothes to wear. She has very limited power in this area, but she has recently fallen in love with a pair of "fancy shorts". These are a garage sale special that I wish I hadn't brought home. They're pink, yellow, & green plaid board shorts (think women's golf team knickers) and she calls them her "fancy shorts". There's a matching mint green t-shirt to go with them -- hot. Poor Reagan, these precious shorts have "unfortunately" been dirty since she fell head over heels for them two weeks ago. Dirty, that is until last night when she "helped'' us fold our massive pile of clean laundry.

"Mommy!!"
"What Reagan?"
"Mommy!! Wook! My fancy shorts!"
"Yeah Reagan - (lying) those are cute."
"Mommy! My fancy shorts are clean! I can wear them tomorrow!"
(My eyes roll back as I try to think if we have to go anywhere besides Sadie's house tomorrow -- nope.) "Sure, Reagan. You can wear them tomorrow."
"OK, we will unfold them and I can wear them tomorrow."

I didn't think to take a picture of them today while she was wearing them, and I anticipate that it will be a long time before they make it through my laundry cycle again. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will post a picture. ;-)

No comments: