Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dinosaurs and Coupons


Hey! Things have been very crazy around here and our internet has been down since the leaves came back on the trees -- but I'm back! On Sunday, we took the kids to the park. In this picture, the kids are sitting on a green plastic triceratops and are obviously having a fantastic time... ha ha.

It gave me a chuckle as I thought back to my childhood. My mom came up with a *great* idea for a family Christmas card... She wanted my sisters and I to sit on the back of the Sinclair (gas station) Dinosaur to take a picture. (I was old enough to be horrified.) She thought it would be extra cute to tie a Christmas bow around its neck. We didn't end up doing it, but every time we drove by a dinosaur like that, my mom took heaping abuse for her creativity.

...And now here I am 20 years later putting my kids on the back of a green dinosaur for a picture... It's the circle of life, I guess...

-------------------------

With the help of two other blogs (here and here) and some advice from Sadie, I was inspired to delve into the world of all things "coupons". I decided to do a three month trial to see if it was worth the time it takes to track down bargains. Below is a picture of stuff we got this week for less than $7. So far, I am enjoying it :)

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Sally- I am impressed! Teach me your ways!! Are those two sites all you used? Email me any advice you have. bbartlett@orchardhillchurch.org