Friday, May 2, 2008

Could it be this easy?

Last night was the first night Reagan hasn't woken up screaming since April 19th. She woke up, but she wasn't screaming -- I'll take it!! I woke up 3 times at least -- every time ready to go to battle, but I never had to. Wow. Wow. Wow. The sun looked brighter this morning, I could hear birds chirping, the flowers were blooming -- everything just seemed so much better :)

I did another round of internet research yesterday and one idea I came across was that kids with Night Terrors (NT) were either getting too hot (their feet in particular) or were unable to breathe properly as they moved from one sleep cycle to the next. So we cleaned at least 50 animals off of Reagan's bed (we left 5 or so :) and made sure the covers were loose and no animals or covers were near her face. I also woke her up and tried to make her walk around and go potty at like 10pm (a half hour before her expected NT). Something worked - I don't know if this is a long-term fix or just a fluke... We'll see -- I am going to be like a soccer player - win one game, and never wash your lucky socks.

Tonight we're headed to a state park for some "cabin camping" with Joel's family... After our success last night, I am a liitle hesitant to mess things up by taking Reagan somewhere new. On the other hand, I am less hesitant to take her than I was before -- at least we've had one good night -- maybe the nights won't be as terrible as I had originally prepared myself for... :)

Reagan can't wait to go. She's been talking about it all week and keeps asking, "Can I take this to vay-cay-shon?". She usually wins so we'll have some extras in our car -- a special "monkey pillow" from Aunt Sandy, Care-Bears to play with Bailey, and her "Love Bug" t-shirt that she got for her birthday from our neighbor. I hope there's room in the car for me :)

No comments: