Monday, January 26, 2009

Craft Time

When I was a kid, I loved the day at school when you got an unlimited supply of construction paper, glue sticks and markers and got to decorate your Valentine's shoe box. I think I spent hours cutting out different colors and sizes of hearts and then carefully layering and arranging them.

I also used to love to make cards for people -- Valentines or otherwise. I had a big manila envelope full of old greeting cards that I would cut up and re-use to make these cards. I suspect that if you received one, you thought it looked more like a ransom note than a birthday card, but I sure had fun making them... :)

I am attempting to pass on my love for scissors and glue sticks to Reagan. Today for her craft, she made Valentines for her friends (cousins). She's 3, so she lost interest after only making a couple, but we have lots of days left before Valentine's Day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could talk her into making one for our household???