I am thrifty, but when we're shopping I pay the extra $5 or $10 for the "Wrinkle Free" shirts or the "Easy Care" Dockers pants. I buy Downy "Wrinkle Releaser" by the jug and I'm on their mailing list for coupons.
It's not that I hate ironing, it's just that I don't ever do it. I used to iron -- I mean, we do own one...
What I didn't realize was how much I avoided it until I got the iron out to melt together Reagan's craft the other day. Here's our conversation:
Reagan: "What's that, Mommy?"
Me: "It's called an iron. I can't believe you've never seen one before."
Reagan: "Is it going to be loud?"
Me: "Uh, no... It just gets hot, so I don't want you to touch it, okay?"
Reagan: "Yeah. I'll stay back here. I won't touch it. What does the iron do?"
Me: "This silver part just gets hot -- you usually use it on clothes."
Reagan: "On clothes? For what?"
Me: "Never mind. It doesn't matter. We're just going to use it to glue your turtle together."
After that, I set the iron down on the trutle-craft-thing, and this giant cloud of steam came out and water poured everywhere. The iron had been dropped and broken, and since we never use it, I didn't know about it.
Reagan: "I thought you said it wouldn't be loud, Mommy?"
Me: "Sorry, it's broken and I didn't know it. That steam was a little loud, wasn't it?"
Reagan: "Yeah, that was really loud. I don't like the iron. It scares me."
And so it happened by accident -- I created another generation that will not iron.
1 comment:
I can totally relate! The only time we use our iron is for those melty beads too!
Post a Comment