Thursday, July 30, 2009

Update(s)

Grant is much better thanks to the ER visit and prescription steriods. It takes a week to get the H1N1 test results back, but since he is already better, and since Reagan got it and now Riley - does it really matter what it is? (I am secretly hoping it is Swine Flu, so that I know we'll be done with it before school starts for Reagan this fall :)

We sold the Mousketeer this week. It (sadly) seems like we have a parking lot full of cars in our yard and I am glad to have one fewer -- even if it was a little sad to see the old friend go.

The kittens are adjusting well to life inside with kids. I could have made my own Kittens calendar with all the cute things they've done and the cute ways they sleep. :) The plan was to only keep one and find a home (shelter) for the other, but Reagan likes the brown one (Casey) and Joel and I like the orange one (Cooper), so I think we're going to keep both.

And finally, Reagan passed her first class of swimming lessons. It was touch and go at the beginning of the week when she said she hated swimming and wanted to quit. Aside from it being the coolest July on record, she discovered that at swimming lessons you are expected to dunk your head under water. At first it wasn't so bad, but the more water she got in her nose, the more irrational her fear of dunking her head became. As a "graduation" present, Reagan gets a swimming date with Dad at the local pool. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone always told me to get two cats because they'd take care of each other and I'd scoff--but so so glad we did!

Sarah Majerus