Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grant!


It's hard to believe that it has already been two years since my silly, second-born changed our lives... Since then, he's gained 20 lbs, grown 15 inches taller, and remains at the top of the growth charts.

He is the antidote to Reagan's serious-ness, and an affectionate older brother to Riley. He is "all boy" and loves cars, his sandbox, and being outside. I absolutely love his easy laugh and his sweet smile. :)

Grant was going to have a birthday party on Saturday, but he woke up in the night with croup so we cancelled it -- at least partially.
He was better in the morning, but as the day went on he was having more trouble breathing. So shortly after he opened his presents I called First Nurse and ended up taking him to the ER.

After lots of tests, he was diagnosed with Croup, RSV and Influenza A. The Influenza A could be H1N1 -- they sent the test to another lab and will call me if he tests positive. After all that, I felt terrible that I exposed my sisters' families -- I didn't think he was that sick!

So Grant - your 2nd birthday has already been a memorable one :) Happy Birthday, Buddy! Keep smiling and get well soon -- we love you!

2 comments:

Our4Monkeys said...

Well, at least we'll all still have someone to hang out with when we're quarantined! =)

Anonymous said...

Totally worth (potentially...) getting the Swine Flu! ;-)