Friday, April 4, 2008

In My Own Backyard!


This is a picture that I took from our back deck. Reagan and I were outside blowing bubbles and I notied a huge bird circling the valley -- it was a bald eagle!!! It always used to be so rare to see one - and I know its not so special anymore, but in my OWN BACKYARD?! Wow!


(A close-up of the middle of the picture.)

I tried to explain to Reagan about how special Eagles are, so I told her they are the national bird, were almost extinct, and are really huge. She listened patiently to my spiel and then said "I'm cold, can I go inside and have some hot coffee?"

So much for teachable moments...

2 comments:

S said...

Isn't it amazing?! We've seen then here several times now and I'm blown away each time. My kids, however, don't seem to share in my excitement. Congrats on getting such an incredible picture - I haven't been able to yet!

Our4Monkeys said...

Wow, that is awesome! I'm sure we didn't understand how cool it was to see them when we were little either! Hot coffee is much more exciting...