Sunday, May 24, 2009

All-American Summer

Summer hasn't really even started yet, but it has been so fun watching the kids do things that are truly summer-ish. It makes me smile every time I see Reagan and Grant bent down and looking intently at something in the grass. Sometimes its a dandelion, sometimes its a special rock. (Today it was part of a chipmunk the cat left behind.)

Reagan loves all the different kinds of flowers and tries to learn their names. I think the daisies are her favorite. :)

Grant makes me laugh. He's a heck of a bike rider and has already figured out how to walk his "bike" up the driveway and then lift his feet up to coast down.
Drinking from the hose (and soaking each other in the process). :)

Eating popsicles outside.

By the end of the day they are tired, their clothes are dirty, their hair is sandy, and their faces need a good washing. I love summer!

1 comment:

Our4Monkeys said...

Ahhhh, I love summer! Even though the kids are disgustingly dirty and they need baths often (ahem, I mean, more than once a week...) I love summer! Drinking out of the hose was one of my favorite things...there's something about hose water--it just tastes better!